Monday, January 16, 2012

Future Teacher

I know that my past literacy experience will help me to be a better teacher because I want my students to love reading.  My experiences was obviously so dull and boring that they did not make an impact on my memory.  To be honest to this day, I hate reading.  The articles we read in this class were interesting and something that I wanted to learn about, so they held my attention.  Past assignments that required reading textbooks was excruciating to me.  I do not want this for my future students.  I would like them eager to read, to the point that I have to tell them to put down a book and pay attention.  That is the love I want them to have for books.  I want them to want to absorb all the information from books that they can.  The only way to do this is to keep reading fun for them and engage them in exciting reading projects.  I hope to learn a lot more from this class that will help me with this goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment